Friday, December 23, 2016

FEAR! Chapter 15 - Few years later.

Raj married Sneha and he also became a father of a girl child.

I couldn’t become father. Nidhi became bedraggled. Nidhi was suffering from liver cancer. Doctor gave chemo treatment but they were not sure whether she will convalesce or not. After chemo therapy, she was recommended to take chemo tablets but situation was getting execrable day by day. The situation became so worst that her saliva gland shrank and now that she was unable to open her mouth completely. As a result, it became impossible for her to have proper food and drink water.

I hated to stay at home. I was fed up of taking care of Nidhi. I started spending time out even I stayed out in nights. I knew that Nidhi will die soon because situation was out of control. She was losing immunity day by day. Doctor gave up.

It was a time to plan my future. I started spending nights with Sanjana more often. Nidhi was mad at me but she could do nothing. She had only one choice to put up with my lustful habits and bear the worst pain. I was just waiting for her death so that I could marry Sanjana.

And that day came very soon. Nidhi was not able to have anything for 1 week. Her sugar and BP level dropped. She was taken to the hospital. Doctor took her to the I.C.U. and hardly 2 minutes were over that doctor came out and declared Nidhi dead.

After all rituals of death, I decided to marry. I was keenly waiting for 17 September when I was supposed to marry Sanjana.

But I forgot what you sow so shall you reap. Bad money always brings devastation. The result of bad karmas is always bad. Bad penny always turns up.

It was night of 14 September. I went to my bedroom to hit the sack. I didn’t have food. I just took 2 pegs of wine. I started feeling very drowsy and tiring. Suddenly I had a little pain in my chest. It was getting severe gradually. I decided to go to the doctor. I dashed to the drawer where car keys were lying. As I opened the drawer, my heart muscles contracted and I felt as if somebody pushed me down. I lost the balance and fell down. I had a severe heart attack. I was not able to speak and move. I tried hard to open the eyes and I astonished what I saw there. I felt Nidhi’s soul there.

Death was standing in front of me. Today I realized the meaning of that dream. The person chasing me was none but it was my fear of my bad karmas. It was the fear of curse of those innocent and poor people whom I killed and possessed their farm lands. It was me who snatched bread and butter from poor people. It was me who brought Nidhi to her death. It was the bad penny that never let us to become parents.

It was that bloody money which never gave me happiness. It was that bloody money that brought Nidhi to death. It was that money which had brought me to death today.

Somebody has said true – Palaces are not erected on graves.

–END–

No comments:

Post a Comment