Saturday, December 10, 2016

FEAR! Chapter 3 - The taxi.

I waited for a taxi few minutes. I saw a taxi no. 3271 coming. I gave a gesture to stop the taxi. Taxi stopped, I knocked the window. The taxi driver opened the mirror. I bent little bit to ask driver to drop me at the nearest hospital but as I saw him, I shocked.

Taxi driver was same man whom I saw in my dream. He was dressed in black attire completely. He made my hair stand on end. I was as silent as grave. Same two eyes, same black attire and same black hat. Suddenly I heard, “What happened Sir, what you want? How long I have been asking you what happened but you don’t respond me.”

I came out of my shock and realized the taxi driver was different man. He was in blue jeans and yellow shirt and he was trying hard to communicate with me because of my peculiar behaviour.

I said – “I am sorry, actually my car is damaged over here as you can see. I have got an injury so could you drop me at the nearest hospital.”

“Yeah Sure.”- said the taxi driver

I got into the taxi. I was extremely frightened. I was deeply engrossed in my thoughts. I was trying to think how he seemed to me as menacing man in dream. My head was whirling. Suddenly I heard, ‘Sir’ in a loud voice. I came out of my thoughts. I realized I was so immersed that I couldn’t hear taxi driver who was constantly asking me about the accident.

I fumbled “yes, dr, dr, driver, you were saying something?”
“What’s wrong with you sir I have been asking you how you met with an accident and you are in your own world. It seems that you are in shock.” – said driver

“No, absolutely not, I am fine now. The accident frightened me. I had a close shave when the truck was nearly going to hit me.”

“Oh sir you are chicken hearted. Just think about ourselves, we remain on road 24×7 taking 100% risk of death. We never know when a truck driver can hit us. We also have heart, we also have desires, we also have a family, we also wish to spend time with our children and wife. But you see injustice by destiny. You have got a shock just by a minor injury but think about ourselves who fight against death every time. ”

I didn’t react on his words. In fact his words drove my attention to Nikhil, ex driver of Raj. I remember he also said same words when I had to accompany him to Raj’s office to hand over very confidential file. The incident was 9 years old.

I immediately realized I couldn’t ask name of the driver. I asked his name, he replied, Nikhil.

I once again shocked and instantly my tongue slipped,” Nikhil but how is it possible?”

“Why? Why my name can’t be Nikhil?” – said driver

I fumbled; I said “I didn’t mean as you took. Actually co-incidentally my driver’s name was also Nikhil.”

“Sir there is nothing to get shocked about this. There are lots of people with the same name. Millions of Nikhil are in this world. You terrified and astounded as if you have murdered Nikhil.”

“Oh, just shut up, what are you babbling about? Do I look like a murderer? Have you gone mad? Stay in your limits.”

“Sorry sir, if you are hurt, I take my words back.” – said driver

“You should be sorry.”

My heart beat increased. I could easily hear my heart beat without putting hand on my chest. It was obvious for me to freak out because fear always chases. Sin never lets anyone to live calmly. There was silence inside the car till few minutes. I asked driver how long it would take to reach to the hospital.”

He replied – “in few minutes only.”

In next 5 minutes, we reached to the hospital. I got out of the taxi. I asked total fare and gave that to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment